In order to improve the quality and efficiency of the implementation of Erasmus+ and other mobility programs, as well as the realization of the basic goals of the UNIVERSITY OF KRAGUJEVAC INTERNATIONALISATION STRATEGY 2022 - 2027, and the activities from the Action Plan for the implementation of the Strategy, University of Kragujevac has established the Buddy network - student network for providing assistance and support to local and foreign students on a mobility.
Buddy network was established in order to:
- efficiently inform the student population about the opportunities and benefits of academic mobility
- improve services intended for local and foreign students before, during and after the mobility
- develop orientation programs for foreign students upon their arrival to the University
- support local students during their application and preparation for mobility
- integrate foreign students into the student life and extracurricular activities together with local students
- provide a safe and significant stay of students at the University.
The support system that Buddy Network provides to local and foreign students:
Before the mobility
- information about available mobility programs
- information regarding the application process and required documents
- assistance in selecting courses for the learning agreement
- help in applying for a visa, purchase the appropriate insurance, trip planning ...
- help in finding accommodation.
Department for International Cooperation of the University of Kragujevac provides contact with fellow student who has already had the opportunity to visit a specific country or even specific partner university.
During the mobility
- incoming and accommodation of students
- organizing orientation programs in cooperation with the Department for International Cooperation
- help in applying for a residence permit
- introduction to the Erasmus+ faculty coordinator and professors of the courses
- assistance with the faculty and administrative procedures
- assistance in drafting changes to the learning agreement
- organizing trips, tours, study visits, and the like.
- introduction to the history, culture and traditions of the host city and country.
After the mobility
- supporting students after returning from a mobility- reintegration of students
- help when applying for recognition of the exams passed on a mobility
- preparation of reports on mobility for the university Web pages E + alumni- reports and E + alumni- photos
- joining the Buddy Network
To ensure a good support system for local and foreign students the Department for International Cooperation and the Center for Career Development and Student Counseling of the University of Kragujevac organize the following trainings and courses for Buddy Network members:
- English language course at B1 level
- how to write a CV and cover letter
- communication and presentation skills
- Erasmus+ mobility programs, active Calls for a mobility and how to apply
- how to avoid problems with the E+ documentation, and the like.
If you want to meet new friends, gain new, or share your experiences, help your colleagues who are going on a mobility or foreign guests who come to our university, we invite you to become a member of the Buddy Network by sending your application to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application form can be downloaded here.