Open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) policy
What is OTM-R Package?
The ‘OTM-R Package’ is a set of practical and useful tools for implementing Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organizations.
- The rationale: Why is OTM-R essential?
- The principles and guideline: What a good OTM-R system should look like?
- A checklist for institutions as a self-assessment tool: How do the current practices rate?
- The toolkit: A step by step guide to improve the OTM-R practices
- Examples of good practice
Why is it needed?
OTM-R ensures that the best person for the job is recruited, guarantees equal opportunities and access for all, facilitates developing an international portfolio (cooperation, competition, mobility) and makes research careers more attractive.
What is in it for me?
OTM-R brings benefits to researchers, institutions and the wider research system. More specifically, OTM-R makes research careers more attractive, ensures equal opportunities for all candidates and facilitates mobility. Overall, it may contribute to an increase in the cost-effectiveness of investments in research!
Source: EURAXESS portal
The University of Kragujevac is continuously investing efforts to improve the process and procedures for the recruitment of researchers in accordance with the Open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) policy and the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers.
This policy is based on a series of internal acts covering various aspects of recruitment, the most relevant of which are:
- Rulebook on the manner and procedure of employment and acquiring the teacher title at the University of Kragujevac
- Rulebook on the plagiarism check procedure
- Instructions for application, submission, completion and definition of relevant documents submitted by the candidate during the election procedure