Registration upon arrival

All foreign citizents have to contact the Office for Foreigners of the Ministry of Interior in Kragujevac (Police Department) within 24 hours upon arrival and register their place of residence in Kragujevac. If the person is accommodated in a student dormitory, hotel or hostel they will register the person and issue the guest so called “white card” (EN/SER). If a person is accommodated in a private apartment he/she needs to register his/her place of residence alone.

Exchange student is obliged to submit a copy of White Card, immediately after receiving it, to the International Relation Office of the University of Kragujevac and to the relevant faculty.

Note: If a foreign citizent leaves the Republic of Serbia within a 90-day period granted for his/her stay, without applying for temporary residence permit, he/she is obliged to register with the competent body after any subsequent entrering the country within 24 hours according to the above described procedure.

Holders of White Card may reside in the Republic of Serbia for 90 days. If your exchange period exceeds 90 days, you have to apply for authorization of temporary stay.

Foreign students are advised to apply for authorization of temporary stay as early as possible (during the first month of their stay) to prevent possible problems that may occur, such as incomplete documantation required for granting temporary residence permit, or not enough time to obtain it.

Here you can find the general list of required documents, as well as specific documents for the stay related to academic exchange purpose (enrollment/attendance certificate from the University).

Issuance of temporary residence permit - Registration procedure for exchange students:

Exchange students should firstly register at the International Relations Office of the University of Kragujevac, in order to receive all important documents and information, as well as the certificate of the University stating that you are exchange student.

For submitting the request for approval of temporary stay it is necessary to enclose the following:

  • Valid travel document (passport)
  • Proof of Accommodation (a certificate from the housing provider/hostel, dormitory, etc/ or personal presence of the flat owner in case of a private accommodation)
  • Certificate of the university or school attended by foreign citizen
  • Two photographs (4x3 cm, colored, enface)
  • Filled form No. 8 (request for issuing a temporary stay visa - for foreign citizens) 3 copies, printed two-sided
  • Copy of insurance
  • Copy of White Card
  • Proof of paid submission fee for stay

The International Realation Office staff will guide the exchange students through this process upon arrival.