Why study at the University of Kragujevac?
Higher Education system in Serbia
Study programmes in Serbian
Study programmes in foreign languages
Courses held in English
How to apply
Recognition of foreign qualifications
Verification of the documents
University of Kragujevac accepted values and principles of the contemporary European university education, taking into account the standards of the National Council for Higher Education. The University is committed to the establishment of institutional quality management system, as well as building the organizational culture of quality, which will ensure the functioning of the continuous monitoring, assessment, assurance and quality improvement in all areas of the University and its faculties.
University of Kragujevac achieves its mission of educating students through programs of study (total number of study programs - 125) basic academic, basic professional, integrated academic, academic master, and doctoral academic studies, which are realized in 12 faculties of the University, namely:
- Faculty of Agronomy in Cacak
- Faculty of Economics in Kragujevac
- Faculty of Engineering in Kragujevac
- Faculty of Mechanical and Civil Engineering in Kraljevo
- Faculty of Medical Sciences in Kragujevac
- Faculty of Education in Jagodina
- Faculty of Law in Kragujevac
- Faculty of Science in Kragujevac
- Faculty of Technical Sciences in Cacak
- Faculty of Education in Užice
- Faculty of Philology and Arts in Kragujevac
- Faculty of Hotel Management and Tourism in Vrnjacka Banja
in the following scientific fields:
- natural sciences (bachelor, master and doctoral studies);
- technical and technological sciences (bachelor, master, integrated and doctoral studies);
- social sciences and humanities (bachelor, master and doctoral studies);
- medical sciences (bachelor vocational, integrated and doctoral studies);
- art (bachelor and master studies).
The University is oriented towards continuous active involvement in the process of change that will provide students with modern and effective education and contribute to the University’s evolving into a modern institution of higher education, which will be included in a single European higher education area, along with the more developed European universities, as equally valuable and a respected member of the university community. Also, the University aims to introduce new programs of study at faculties in its composition, in accordance with the needs of the labor market.
Bearing in mind that the importance of cooperation between the academic and business communities is undeniable, the University of Kragujevac seeks through the work of the Centre for Career Development and Student Counseling to establish contact with representatives of local companies and businesses in order to enable young academics to acquire practical experience, and thereby, together with employers, participated in the formation of future staff.
We are aware that in addition to formal education, staff must possess a range of additional skills, so the University wants to work with employers to help their students and graduates to become ready to come out to the labor market, thus allowing them the opportunity to use the theoretical knowledge acquired during their studies, to develop new skills and improve their knowledge, by organizing
- different types of professional practice during the study;
- practical or research work of as a part of graduate work;
- professional training or internships;
- part-time jobs;
- volunteer program.
One of the most important activities of the University of Kragujevac is continuous preparation and implementation of education, scientific research and knowledge transfer. Why study at the University of Kragujevac:
- University who cherishes tradition and innovation
- Extremely high quality teaching staff
- Lower costs of tuition
- Lower costs for accommodation and food, and in student dormitories and in private accommodation
- Rich and modern fitted University Library
- University Gallery and Summer Art Scene
- Student reading for learning and socializing
- Extremely rich student life with a lot of student parties, concerts, exhibitions
- University which fosters the spirit of sport
- Outstanding results of students in science, sports and the arts
- A rich cultural life
- A smaller University - student is not only one of the hundreds of students in the amphitheater, but student known by its name and to whom enough attention would be always devoted